The mobile charging service is provided on the 1st and 3rd floor of the Domestic Terminal and International Terminal to provide national and foreign travelers a convenient and friendly travelling experience.
Book Crossing Station
|Taichung Airport provides the Book Crossing Station service in the Domestic Terminal, enabling passengers to read books in the waiting lounge.
Passengers may also put their books here to share them with the others.
Originated from Europe, the idea of “book crossing” starts from the concept of sharing and interacting.
Before they put their books in public locations to “cross” them, book-lovers usually put a bookmark with reminder inside first to encourage the following reader to “cross” the books again with the same way.
In this way, more people will be able to access these books and the books will find more intimate friends through the crossing concept.
Taichung Customs, Customs Administration, Ministry of Finance
This unit belongs to one of the 2 sections of the Taichung Customs Inspection Team of Customs Administration, Ministry of Finance. It exercises jurisdiction over the baggage inspection of passengers entering and leaving the international airport in central Taiwan, customs clearance for air export / import freights, collection of customs duties and anti-smuggling operations. This section has one Section Chief, who is responsible for organizing all of the section affairs; one auditor, who assists the Section Chief to handle section affairs; and two Section Head responsible for Inspection Section 1 and Inspection Section 2.
Checking the baggage of arrival and departure passengers, processing the reimbursement of business tax for foreign passengers, monitoring bonded warehouse, monitoring duty free shops and handling customs clearance operations for air export and import freights (this business was officially launched on 5 FEB 2015).
Location(1)：Arrivals: 2nd floor of the International Terminal, Taichung Airport. (inside the control area)
Location(2)：Tax Refund Counter outside the control area: 1st floor of the International Terminal, Taichung Airport.
Counseling Line(1)： Clearance Service Area: 04-26155096-8
Counseling Line(2)： Arrivals：04-26155172
Counseling Line(3)： Tax Refund Counter: 04-26155022
Service Hours：05:30 – 23:00
Taichung Branch, Bureau of Animal and Plant Health Inspection and Quarantine, Council of Agriculture, Executive Yuan (Taichung Airport Inspection Station)
To ensure the animal and plant health inspection, quarantine and safety, the BAPHIQ Taichung Branch has newly installed the “Taichung Airport Inspection Station” in the International Terminal of Taichung Airport to provide the animal and plant health inspection and quarantine services to arrival / departure passengers and air freights.
In case of wishing to inspect or quarantine export / import animals, plants or relevant products, or having any questions, it is always welcome to contact the inspection station and we will be at your disposition sincerely.
Service(s)：Inspection Service for Animals, Plants and Relevant Products at Taichung Airport
- Office: 4th floor of the International Terminal (straight after leaving the No. 4 public affair elevator)
- Arrival Counter: next to the baggage carousel in the hall of Arrivals.
- Departure Counter: next to the Tax Refund Counter in the hall of Departure.
Counseling Line(1)： Office：04-26155003
Counseling Line(2)： Arrival Counter：04-26150037
Inspection for Animals and Plants
Reminders for Departure and Arrival Passengers
Import and Export of Dogs and Cats
Service Hours(1)：Office：0830 ～ 1700
Service Hours(2)：Arrival Counter：0830 ～ 2230
Centers for Disease Control, Ministry of Health and Welfare (MOHW)
The disease inspection business of international ports are organized and controlled by the Centers of Disease Control. The “Regulations Governing Quarantine at Ports” is stipulated in accordance with “International Health Regulations (IHR)” of World Health Organization (WHO) to implement necessary disease inspection measures for aircrafts and its passengers in order to secure national security of disease prevention and to protect all citizens’health.
1. Inspections for arrival / departure flights and personnel
2. Propagations for disease inspections and health education
3. Prevention, treatment and consultations for infectious diseases.
Disease Prevention and Health Education Counter for the departures of International Line / Fever Inspection Station for the arrivals of International Line
Service Hours：08:00 ～ 23:00(open all year round)
Food and Drug Administration, Ministry of Health and Welfare (MOHW)
Northern Center of Food and Drug Administration, Ministry of Health and Welfare (MOHW) (International Health Regulations, IHR) regulated to stipulate "Regulations Governing Quarantine at Ports" to implement necessary inspection and quarantine measures on the aircrafts and personnel in order to maintain the nation's epidemic control safety and to protect all citizens' health.
||Service(s)：Accept reports and examinations of import foods and relevant products carried by the passenger.
Location：Examination desk is located in the arrival hall of International Terminal
Taichung Port Brigade, Border Affairs Corps, National Immigration Agency, Ministry of the Interior
- To organize inspections of international ports, investigations of illegal immigrants, and the entry and exit control, the “Border Affairs Corps of National Immigration Agency, Ministry of the Interior” has integrated the original documents inspection team of the Aviation Police Office, Entering/Leaving Country Administrative Bureau (Service Station) and Harbor Police Office to dispose personnel at the Border Affairs Corps.
- The function of the Border Affairs Corps is to control the exit and entrance of national and international passengers in nationwide airports and seaports, to inspect their transit certificates, to issue certificates / VISA, to interview them and to arrest illegal immigrants. The counter personnel shall, “within the shortest time”, check: the authenticity of airport / seaport passengers’ certificate(s) and document(s); if the registered information is consistent with the person; if the signature on the certificate is authentic; and if there is any missed information. After everything is confirmed, the person-in-charge will put on the exit / entry stamp for approval. This helps to maintain the conformity of registered exit / entry data and to secure the nation’s border safety.
- Border Affairs Corps’ core value is to strictly control and manage the border safety, to follow the value of human rights, to implement all types of missions in accordance with laws and to establish an inseparable cooperation network. It prevents all possible illegal acts at the border including crashing through the border, penetration and smuggling; it carries a heavy responsibility as the nation’s goalkeeper; and it pays attentions to the speed of customs clearance, ordinance and personnel’s attitude in order to maintain the administration’s efficiency, their service quality, and the nation’s excellent image and reputation.
Service(s)： The Taichung Port Brigade of Border Affairs Corps of National Immigration Agency (Ministry of the Interior) posted the “Squad of Taichung Airport” at Taichung Airport.
The squad is responsible for below matters:
- To examine, check and approve exit / entry certificates.
- To control the safety of international exit / entry and to carry out interviews.
- To approve and issue certificates for international exit / entry, to establish fingerprint files and to implement other exit / entry services.
- To investigate, arrest, temporarily take in, transfer and send back people violating exit / entry and immigration related regulations.
- To check the authenticity of certificates and to investigate relevant educational trainings.
- Other matters related to the management of the nation’s border.
- Service desk outside the control area: 1st floor of the International Terminal, Taichung Airport
- Arrival Counter: 2nd floor of the International Terminal of Taichung Airport. (within the control area)
- Departure Counter: 3rd floor of the International Terminal of Taichung Airport. (within the control area)
- Extension of the Service Desk outside the Control Area: 04-26153351#101、102。
- Extension of the Arrival Counter:04-26153351#201、202
- Extension of the Departure Counter: 04-26153351 #301、302。
- Service Hours for the Service Desk outside the Control Area 06:00 – 17:00
- Service Hours for the Arrival Counter: 09:00 – 21:00
- Service Hours for the Departure Counter:07:00 – 18:00
Taichung Station of the Kaohsiung Precinct of Aviation Police Office
Tourist Information Counter
1. Tourist attractions tour advice
2. Transportation accommodation
3. Festivals events
4. Package tours sightseeing bus
5. Free brochures maps
6. Tourist enquiries
Service Hours：09:00 ～ 18:00